National Development Coaches - Two Positions
Can you bring your proven coaching skills to progress New Zealand’s developing freeski/snowboard athletes and inspire New Zealand?
• Long term athlete development focussed
• Coaching with High Performance support
• Flexible working conditions
• Wanaka based with extensive international travel
Snow Sport NZ is all about competitive snow sports, from grassroots to winning on the world stage. We are the national sporting organisation representing the interests of adaptive snow sports, alpine ski racing, cross country skiing, freeskiing and snowboarding in New Zealand.
Our High Performance programme is focussed on delivering medal-winning performances at Winter Olympic, Paralympic and premier international events. This dedicated programme targets the support and performance enhancement of identified athletes and coaches to achieve sustainable medal-winning outcomes.
Following on from medal-winning success in 2018, in partnership with Cardrona Alpine Resort and Cardrona Parks Squad we are now seeking two passionate contractors to fulfill the National Development Coach roles and to join the High-Performance team at Snow Sports NZ in taking identified development athletes to the next level.
Snow Sports NZ Park and Pipe Programme
National Development Coach: Freeski
National Development Coach: Snowboard
Reporting to the SSNZ Park and Pipe Manager and in the NZ season to the Head Coach of Parks Squad, the roles will support identified freeski and snowboard athletes, including on and off snow planning, preparation and competition.
1. Ensure that identified Park and Pipe athletes are prepared to perform at an HPD selection standard
2. Lead the delivery of performance plans for identified SSNZ athletes.
3. Deliver coaching support at international training camps and competitions
4. Provide coaching support domestically via Cardrona Park Squad and at SSNZ National Development Camps
5. Enhance the sustainability of the SSNZ P&P Pathway
6. Enthusiastically and diligently drive your personal and professional development
If you think you meet the criteria below we would like to hear from you:
• You live to coach…...it’s why you wake up in the morning.
• You are passionate about making a difference and want to be involved in inspiring New Zealanders through high performance sport success.
• You can demonstrate the highest professional standards and personal credibility within the global ski industry.
• You’ll have to show us that you know your stuff, have relevant knowledge and experience at all levels of athlete development.
• You’ve got a verifiable ability to create change in athlete performance and associated behaviours as well as the ability to lead teams.
• You have coached at a strong regional programme standard and understand the pressures and opportunities athletes face in a high performance environment.
• You can build and maintain relationships in NZ and internationally.
• You are able to work independently and flexibly to meet the needs of internationally based sports programmes but are willing to be part of a small and close-knit team.
• You’re looking to develop your skills, are open to challenge and learning quickly!
To receive a full candidate pack please email, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications close on the 24 September 2018
3 months ago