The SSNZ Board Intern initiative is targeted at individuals with some governance background who may not yet be ready to transition to a national body or regional sports trust. It has a particular focus on increasing capacity on sector boards in the Southern Lakes District.
Snow Sports NZ will:
- Provide a mentor for the period of the appointment
- Facilitate other learning opportunities for the intern
- Share the initiative and lessons learned to the wider sector to encourage others
- Provide a lead director as a “buddy” to support the intern
- Provide a twelve-month intern role with their board
- Construct and deliver a formal induction and learning outcomes for the successful candidate
Essential requirements are a love of sport, a desire to make a real difference to your community, and an interest in making a difference through governance roles. In particular we are seeking candidates who have:
- An interest in building on existing governance experience.
- An understanding of or involvement in snow and/or sport; and
- An ability to augment board diversity and capacity in Southern Lakes e.g. gender, age, ethnicity, perspective
- Date: 28 August – 6 September 2019
- Location: Telecon
- Interview Panel: Sport NZ Representative; SSNZ Chair (or nominee), Industry expert
- Interview Time: 30 Minutes
- Subject to Board ratification and formal appointment at the AGM.
Application forms for the one year Intern position can be downloaded here.
Applications must reach the Chief Executive Jan@snowsports.co.nz by 4.00pm on Wednesday 28 August 2019.