Northern Interfield Races for 2012:
Snowplanet- 23rd June
Snowplanet - 11th June
Turoa – 15th September
Snowplanet 3rd November
Canterbury Interfield Races for 2012:
Mt Hutt - 21 July
Mt Hutt - 26 August
Mt Hutt - 16 September
Southern Region Junior Interfield Series 2012:
Coronet Peak - 14 July
Treble Cone - 12 August
Remarkables - 26 August
Cardrona - 9 September
The races are aimed at E level skiers as an introductory race series although K and J athletes also enjoy participating in the friendly atmosphere.
Each athlete has 2 runs per race and the results are taken from the best combined total time. Medals are awarded to the top 5 place getters and every entrant receives a certificate. An awards ceremony is held after each race and includes spot prizes and goodie bags. Series winners are also awarded at the conclusion of the final race.
The Interfield series is grateful to have the support of generous sponsors.
Entry fee is $15 and coaches will attend all races.
Results and information will be regularly posted on this web site.
DYNASTAR LANGE 2012 JUNIOR INTERFIELD SERIES
Southern Region Rules
1. Age categoriesJ’s or entry level FIS 1993- 1996
K2’s 1997 – 1998
K1’s 1999 – 2000
E2’s 2001 – 2002
E1’s 2003 or younger
2. It is not necessary to be a ski club member or registered with Snow Sports NZ. All races are open to all children in the above age categories. Proof of age must be supplied if requested.
3. To be eligible for the Southern Region overall title in any of the categories you must have started in at least 3 of the 4 races.
4. World cup points allocated per race to calculate the overall standings/results
5. Points from 3 best races count
6. Medals for first 5 places in all categories
7. Cups for overall winner.
8. Guaranteed 2nd run if applicable (ie. if disqualified on first run you will still get a second run)
9. Combined time results.
10. All children must have a suitable ski helmet.
11. Entry fee of $15 per child.
12. Teams to pre register by Wednesday preceding race. Individuals may pre register or enter on morning of race (see close off times on race notices)
13. Race format (race notice) to be announced on website 7 days prior to event (minimum).
14. Behaviour – It is expected that all participants, coaches and parents will behave in a sportsmanlike manner.
The Race organising Committee reserves the right to change, alter, postpone or cancel events at their discretion. Every effort will be made to advertise any changes or cancellations as soon as practically possible. See this website for updates – www.snowsports.co.nz
These races are run by volunteers and sponsored by the mountains. It is expected that respect be given to each of the four mountains’ rules and their staff and to the volunteers manning these races.
In recognition of our sponsors we encourage you to use their products and services if and when you can.