To ski or board for the first time can be a bit daunting... but snow sports has a number of ways to assist in gaining your confidence and experiencing the freedom that the mountains can offer. We are well equipped in NZ with great adaptive equipment, fantastic adaptive instructors, volunteer programmes and supportive ski areas and staff. Read through the various ways you can get involved.
Read on for six ways to get started...
1. Become a member of Adaptive Snow Sports NZ and take advantage of our great discounts
2. Come up to the mountain and use the services of an Adaptive Programme
3. Get involved with your local disability or snowsports group
4. Come along to a national snow sports event - integrated or adaptive
5. Head up to your local Mountain with family and friends
6. Organise a trip with your group or organisation
If you want to speak to someone about your options, what equipment would suit you and the support available, please give the Snow Sports NZ office a call on 03 443 4085 or send us an email, we would be happy to get you started. Our hours are 9am to 3pm, Monday to Thursday.